Election commission of India offers online voter registration for Indian citizens who have attained the age of 18 on the qualifying date (1st of January of the year of revision of electoral roll). Citizen, can enroll himself/herself as General Voter and fill Form 6 online at National Voters’ Service Portal. Registered voters should also check their enrollment status
Voter Registration Status
Visit https://electoralsearch.in/ to see if you are registered to vote. If your name appears in the list, you are eligible to vote, otherwise you need to register to vote. Visit https://www.nvsp.in/ for voter registration.
Register online to Vote
General Voters need to fill Form 6 (Link to online form). This form is also for ‘First time voters’ and ‘voters who have shifted to another constituency’
NRI Voter need to fill form 6A (Link to online form)
For Deletion or Objection in electoral roll fill form 7 (link to online form)
Please fill Form 8 (Link to online form) for any change in (Name, Photo, Age, EPIC Number, Address, Date of birth, Age, Name of relative, Type of relation, Gender).
In case of shifting from one place of residence to another place of residence within the same constituency please fill Form 8A (Link to online form).
Please note : Voters need to fill Form 6 (Link to online form) if they are shifting from one constituency to another. For more information, please see the Voter Guide on http://ecisveep.nic.in/
Deadlines and Key Dates
Voter list is continuously updated till the last date of filing of nominations by the candidate. This is approximately 3 weeks before the polling date. The exact polling dates will be available on eci.gov.in, after announcement.
Requirements for registering to vote
You can enroll as a Voter if you:
- are an Indian citizen.
- have attained the age of 18 years on the qualifying date i.e. 1st of January of the year of revision of electoral roll.
- are ordinarily resident of the part/polling area of the constituency where you want to be enrolled.
- are not disqualified to be enrolled as an elector.
Documents Required to Apply For a Voter’s ID Card (Voter Registration):
- One passport sized photograph
- Age Proof– Birth Certificate, Passport, Driving Licence, PAN Card, Certificate, High School Admit Card, High School Registration Card.
- Address Proof– Ration Card, Passport, Driving License, Electricity Bill, Aadhar Card, Phone Bill, Water Bill, Bank Passbook Etc.
If you meet the above criteria please visit nvsp.in to register online.